Directions to Camp River Glen
Camp River Glen is located at 43191 Seven Oaks Road, Angelus Oaks, CA 92305. Click here to open the location in Google Maps. WARNING: Some mapping applications place the address in the wrong place, so always follow the directions below, even if you’re also using a GPS.
Do NOT rely on GPS or your phone to drive to camp! You WILL lose reception along the way and many apps have trouble with the mountain roads. Save, print, or screenshot these directions before heading to camp so you have them offline.
To get to Camp River Glen from Los Angeles area:
- Take I-10 to Redlands
- Exit University Ave and go north
- Turn right on Lugonia Ave. / Highway 38
- Turn left onto the dirt road, 1N45
- Turn left into Camp River Glen after about 2.5 miles
From UCLA, the drive usually takes 2-3 hours, depending on traffic.
- Take Interstate 10 East towards San Bernardino and Redland.
- In Redlands, take the exit for University Ave. This is about 2 miles east of the 210.
- Turn left onto University Ave.
- Turn right at the light onto Lugonia Ave (which is also called State Highway 38) after about 1.5 miles.
- This is a good time to check your fuel level. You will pass a sign that says “Next gas 45 miles” — this is the last gas station. Make sure you have enough fuel to get to camp and back. Driving uphill takes more gas than you might expect, so never go up the mountain without at least a half tank.
- Stay on Highway 38 for quite a while, about 27 miles. These landmarks can help make sure you stay on track:
- Landmark: Highway 38 will make a 180-degree left hand turn near the top of a valley with an opportunity to turn right (which can also look like going straight) to head to Forest Home. DO NOT TURN RIGHT!
- STAY LEFT and continue on Highway 38 as you make the 180-degree turn and climb the hill.
- Landmark: Stay on Highway 38 as you pass through the town of Angelus Oaks. You’ll see a store on your left.
- Landmark: Stay on Highway 38 as you pass Jenks Lake Road West on your right.
- Landmark: Stay on Highway 38 as you pass Glass Road on your left.
- Landmark: Stay on Highway 38 as you pass Greyback Ampitheater on your left.
- Landmark: Stay on Highway 38 as you pass Jenks Lake Road East on your right. On the left, is a row of mailboxes. This is the last landmark.
- About half mile after you pass Jenks Lake Road East and the mailboxes, at the bottom of a steep, windy decline, you’ll cross a small bridge and there is an open dirt area with a wooden fence and cabins on the left. TURN LEFT HERE! Look for a sign that says “Santa Ana River Trailhead” or “1N45”.
- Landmark: If you miss the turnout, you will see South Fork Campground on your right side and will cross over another small bridge. The turnout to camp is just before South Fork Campground on the left.
- Landmark: If you go even further past, will head uphill and pass by Heart Bar Campground on the right. If you see this, you’ve gone too far on Highway 38.
- Once you’ve made your turn onto USFS Road 1N45, keep straight and follow the road all the way to camp. There will be a few cabins on both sides of the road at the start.
- The road is not paved. (Drive SLOWLY down the dirt road. Going too fast can cause you to hit or kick up rocks that can pop your tire or bust your oil pan. UniCamp isn’t liable for any damage to your car on the road. You can prevent damage by taking the dirt road slowly.)
- Follow the dirt road for 2.2 miles down the river until you see the Camp River Glen sign on your left. You will cross the river twice on the road. TURN LEFT.
- Welcome to Camp River Glen!
- Please do not drive your car across the bridge
- If parking: park in the lots on either side before the bridge, please reverse into your parking space (this is for fire safety), and walk across the bridge and go to the lodge. Ask for staff or leadership.
- If dropping off / picking up: follow UniCamp staff/volunteer directions.